5 Things To Know Before Finalizing A Photographer For Your Wedding Day.
Your Wedding day is the most important event of your life and choosing the right Wedding Photographer should be an important decision.
Refer below 5 important points to keep in mind before you select a Photographer to capture your wedding moments.
1. Know all Different Kind of Services – Hiring a Wedding Photographer is not just about one person clicking your Wedding pictures but it includes a lot of other services that a Wedding Photographer includes in their package such as
- Candid Wedding Photography
- Cinematography (Cinematic Videos)
- Event Photography
- Event Videography
Ask your photographer if they offer all these services as per your preference. try to understand the difference between these from a Photographer’s knowledge point of view. Many times it’s been seen that the client’s understanding and Photographer’s understanding about these services differ and become a reason for miscommunication later on effecting the overall output as per the client’s expectations.
So get a clear understanding of these services from the Wedding Photography company you are planning to hire. Only an experienced and good Photographer will be able to explain these things in detail.
2. Ask for a single point of Contact from the Team. – A wedding day is going to be a big busy day for you and your family. so you should always ask for a single point of contact from the entire Photographer’s team. also, align one person from your family or close friend to coordinate with that person from the Photography team. This will save you from miscommunication during your Wedding.
The Photography and Videography team should be well aware of the event timings or any last moment changes during the Wedding day. Sometimes, there are changes to the event timing and if the same update hasn’t reached the team the event can be missed by the Photographers. So, make sure all the updates are reached to the Photography manager before time. Also, All your family members should be aware of the single point of contact the Photography manager has referred for contact.
3. Food and Stay Arrangement Cost – Go through the contract or ask the Photography manager if they are including the food or stay cost in their package or not. If you feel that you will be arranging the food or stay cost from your end then you should ask the Photography manager to exclude the cost of that from the package. If you want the team to arrange the same on their own than the cost will be a part of the package as the team is going to cover your events for the entire day for more than 8 hours and if you have booked your Wedding venue far away from the city or in any different city or country than definitely, they would need a stay Arrangement as well.
Having all this cleared with the Wedding Photography team before booking them is very essential to save both the parties from embarrassment during the event. Get all the details of the number of people in the Photography team and check if you want to afford it from your end as per your budget or want to go as per the cost the Photographer has given you.
4. Delivery of Photographs will be In Print or Soft Copies – Be very specific in asking how the delivery of the pictures will be done. These days many Photographers reduce the cost of print in their package. Everything is going digital and understanding that most of the clients prefer soft copies instead of heavy paintable albums which are so tedious to handle and share with your family and friends across the world. So digital copies are best these days but be specific about this with your Photographer and if they have made the required cost reductions in the package. Albums will cost you extra and if you wish to have a hassle-free sharing of your beautiful Wedding memory within a shorter period of time than go for soft copies instead of print.
5. Face to Face Meeting – Always try to fix a face to face meeting with the Wedding Photographers who have or about to be finalized. It’s very important to know whom you are going to deal with and how presentable the Photographer or the team would be in front of your guests. I need not explain the importance of meeting people face to face with whom you are going to give such a big responsibility for capturing the memories of the most precious day.
Also, request the Photography team or manager to carry all the contract and portfolio along so that the same can be discussed face to face and you can have more vision of how do they work and things can be very clear about your taste of Photographs you are looking for and what is their expertise. you can go through the contract and request for the amendments (if any) on the spot and get it signed between both the parties. This will save both parties from any unfinished and unclarified expectations.
One important point is that during the face to face meeting you can introduce them to your close family members which are very important for the Photographer to know so that they can focus on all close family members and friends more and no important person is missed out in the pictures.
That’s all in this article for now I am sure this has given my readers some insight and helped my future clients as well.
Wedding Portfolio https://princessatelier.com/wedding-photography-rajasthan-punjab/